12 June 2014

Bad hair day?

"I will never wash my hair again!"

That's a vow, I made today. 
Yes I do!

Or better 
No I' don't!

Or more true/realistic:
I will try not to from today on and see where it ends. 

Why?
For different raisons

I It's a long time I get sick of all the plastic bottles on my bathroom shelf. 
Here's just a selection, I got rid of many before.
When it' s empty (and it goes fast), the bottle disappears in the garbage: Waist!!


II I tried everything and did not find one descent product to prevent my hair from getting dry, sticky, damaged, plushy or whatever is the meaning of bad hair
Contrary, the more conditioner, softener, creme I used the more bad it got and the more expensive the product, the more often I had to use it. 
I think by now every single women knows what I mean, but just one more thing:
Once I was advised to use a specific brand only sold by a hair dresser. It would help my hair not to be frizzling…. If I remember well, but I try to forget, the brand was Kerastase. And what I will never forget, no matter how hard I try is that I gave 53 euro for a pot of 50ml …
I was in shock, couldn't find the words to say I didn't want it. What was inside that creme? Was it gold? Anyway it was so expensive I didn't dare to use it. OMG I should really try to forget harder. 

III Next very good raison: I am stingy and lazy!
I don't like washing my hair, rinsing, waiting for the conditioner to do it's job, rinsing again…
I hate it, I have a lot more interesting things to do outside the shower or I prefer just doing nothing for 5 precious minutes in stead off waiting for a useless chemical product to penetrate the inside of my hair till the roots. Because it's from the inside it does the job, if I can believe the text on the packaging. I am stingy because I hate to spend money on things that do not make my life more happy or easier. 

IV Last and not the least reason: the environment. Shampoo harms the environment . I bought natural bio shampoo at the end, but there still is the plastic packaging to make the things more attractive and easy to buy. I didn't feel comfortable either buying a bio shampoo and it didn't work better or smelled better or whatever did better than the other classic things. 

So today I decided to search for a way to wash your hair without a shampoo. I was pretty sure it exists. 
I typed the words: "haar wassen zonder shampoo"
The first hit on google was the right one… 
In this article I learned that the way to wash your hair without a shampoo, is 
not washing your hair at all ! 

I advice you to read the article it explains very well why we shouldn't use a shampoo and why we should wash ourselves only with water. 


I am convinced and I will go for it, from today on. 
The last time I washed my hair was on Tuesday 10th June, today i's Thursday 12th June so
please mark Tuesday 10th in your history books as the day, that girl you know, washed her hair for the very last time in her life!

What will happen in the next few weeks, is not so attractive.
The skin of the head needs six weeks to start working again as it is programmed and it can go together with an over production of hair fat...

Every two days I will wash the hair only with water and brush it normally, no oil , no gels no nothing I will use ...
Keep you posted about the progression!

1 comment:

  1. Moedig! Benieuwd nr het resultaat.

    ReplyDelete

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara