20 March 2013

Epic Matters Stage 2 & 3 : 19th 20th March

Okay guys, taking a rest was what we needed, I speak about "we" cause in the Epic you are never alone. In the Epic you are two people at the same time. You are yourself and your partner, like a tandem or better, siamese twins.
We will probably be missing each other after this intense week, but we get our life partners back in stead. Hope they will keep up the standard. :-)

You know that yesterday was bad, I threw up in the night and right after breakfast.Biking without fuel...
It was a long stage of 147k with a big 20k climb at the start and than a 100k mostly flat followed by a loooooooong technical downhill. A good plan was to ride up the hill as fast as possible, to catch a strong group of man and let ourself be taken with them. But it turned up otherwise. We were so slow in the uphill that we could see the back of the group and the cars behind. I mean Laura saw it, I had sweat in my eyes and ate my handlebar. We ended up with slow guys how were tired and didn't wanna take over on the flat. Laura was leading the whole group and the man were grateful to her inside but rude on the outside. In the downhill we had to break so much because of the strugglling of the once in front that we couldn 't enjoy a minute. We passed the finish line disapointed and tired. 8h10. Laura admitted it broke her personal record on the bike. Congrats Partner, you are so strong!

It was all hectic yesterday that we decide not to assist to the podium ceremony and get to bed early and apparently it payed off. 

However at the first 5k of todays stage I was thinking about how I could tell Laura that I wanted to quite, at least not quitting the Epic, but leaving the competition. I felt so bad, breakfast came back in my ... ( I think you don't wanna know ).I thought I will never make it at this speed and I have already the impression to stand still. I must tell here to go at her own speed and leave me behind struggling. 
Laura from her side was thinking: "Does Sara still likes to ride with me? There is no sound, not a word!" 
In the writing I could go putting words endless but on the bike there is race modus. 
And now it is time for the massage.

Ohh and just a little detail, when we crossed the finish line we heard by sms from the home front that tod!y we finished second! 
What?
Really!

I said Laura in spetember 2012:, "I bring you to the Epic and you bring me on stage.", and that happend today!
I said also:"I will cry on stage.", but I hope I don't It would look a bit awkward, no?


I didn't cry
A special thanks goes to Rado Declerck who gave me two of his super gels on the bad day yesterday. After de first I flew on wings for a while.
Today I thank Eddy Feliers for the support in the back! 

There is a lot more to tell, little and big details that we take for granted but one day you might here it life! 
We don't know what tomorrow will bring but we will keep u posted


It's oh so quite and beautiful

nice to here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara