22 March 2013

Epic Matters Stage 4 & 5

I realize that we owe you two days of stories, let's make it quick since time is running short. It seems that the closer we go to the end ( or can we say the top? :-), the more sleep we need. Or is it just nature that takes over our bodies and says: STOP at the right moment? Yesterday there was just no energy left for talking to you folks, so sorry! Laura made it up with a little movie about our podium ceremony on Facebook. Check it out! 

About yesterday we got second and how did we do it? With great teamwork!
What a stage: I had super legs and Laura's were bad, how cool is that? 
It all went smooth apart from a branch in my wheel on a single downhill track, but I allow nobody to stab a stick in my wheels, not even nature. ( I don't even know if this is an English expression but our Dutch speaking fans will get it. :-)
I remember I having tears in my eyes when the asphalt after the long climb turned into a downhill than in a gravel road and than suddenly in a wonderful single trail. That one I didn't expect and the emotion took it over. My God, we are lucky bastards!
We lost each other in the start climb but Laura waited patiently for me and after that we were a tandem as ever. Not when there was pee time, than I went on climbing and the curly panther came after me. So cool, so relaxed everything. There was time to fix the tire pressure at the water point. I took the bottles for the both of us and Laura concentrated on the bike, more air. It took us only 30 seconds and off we went, that's what I mean: TEAMWORK!

When we crossed the line we were surprised being second again, we thought we were in third position but we caught the other ladies team at the very start. 


As for today, we can say we get to know each other. Laura can read my body language and I can stand here motherly advice: take it easy, shift before the corner, line your chain in the downhill,... Where did I hear this before? :-)

One little tasty detail: for a kilometer or 15 we were .... LEADING!
Again how cool is that. Trying to follow them when they overtook us again was not a good plan, but the feeling was great for the time being. 

About the track: endless single trails! where did Dr Evil hide them the previous years? 
A mountainbikers dream, orgasm, or whatever word is best to describe this play yard. They called the sections: the  "Roller coaster" and "Rodeo", it says it all! 

We came second over the line at only 10min of the leaders. We are stronger in third overall, yesterday only 3min, today the difference is more, but we don't know exactly how much!  
Anyhow, we are in the game and now .... we really need to go and take our place on stage, it's time for the ceremony! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara