07 February 2013

Back on track!

I' am back on track: today I made my first steps on Benicasim's trails. Result: a broken rim. 
But no worries, in front of the hotel there is a rental MTB shop and in case they can't help, there is always ...Tito! I can continue my rides here, but still, I am not happy, it's just not cool to break nice stuff. DT Swiss, 1380 Carbon, why did I bring them here?

But enough complaining. About the trails. Today's ride was a shorty: 45k but still 1350 height meters. The main course a very steep climb divided in parts: a little bit of climbing a little bit of descent alternating. Partly on gravel roads, partly single trails, endlessly. We finished on a concrete road of 25%, mixed with an exceptional heavy wind that's been blowing since Tuesday eve. Quite tough!
Logically what you climb, you can descent, I was rewarded with a very nice downhill. It started on a graveled road and soon it went over in a nice but very rocky single trail. And this is probably where it happened ... the rim ... 





Back in the hotel, there was a little surprise. A Flemish soigneur following a Swedish continental team ( People4you ), was expecting me for a massage. Maurice knows what he's been doing and my legs are thankful for this unexpected treat. My mind is happy with the complement he gave: "These are well trained muscles, the result of a well balanced training." On the other hand he could feel they were not used to massages. It is time to put my man at work! 
Check out my ride on Garmin connect:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara