11 February 2013

Finally it's B-day!

Finally it's B-day or S-day if you wish. Yesterday I rode 500m on the Specialized Epic 29" of Tito's wife Ester. ( She's got my height at 1,5cm of difference. ) The 500m was enough to fall in love with it. 
Today I got it under my but for a full 55km.

I don' t feel well today, my nose is dripping and my head's heavy, the legs are leaking power. 
Understandable after 11 days of harsh biking and the symptoms of the flue I took in heritage of my man. But the Epic 29er made me feel light as a feather. I am not pro fully, I call it to heavy to be advantageous with my weight and after the Transalp on a 29er hardtail I became against 29er for my length (157,5cm). The handle bar was higher than the saddle and I couldn't take a decent race position. It didn't have the right geometry, I cursed more then I pedaled during that race. 
Me at the Transalp in 2012

This Epic was still a bit high on the front and the handle bar far to large for a racer like me, but with a negative stem and another handle bar we can sort this out. It felt like riding in a sofa. And the bike is surprisingly light, lighter then my Lynskey. Oh God, why did I try it? I don't want to go to the Absa Cape Epic with another bike then this one. It's power saving thanks to the suspension, I didn't have to go of the saddle for every little crack in the road and it makes you go more fluently over all kind of obstacles. Tomorrow there's another day in paradise with this bike and than it has to go back to its legitime owner and sad enough it is not me. 
Tito and Ester preping the bike 


Yesterday  I went out with Tito, his wife Ester and their friends. Nice trails and good local company what does a biker desires more? 

Ester 



The only biker who went down on this drop was this little Belgian girl and her Titanium hard tail. "Crazy woman", Victor called me! 





If you wonder what Tito is been doing here: picking wild asparagus! 


If you wonder how he takes them home?


If you wonder why he's been doing all this? 


In the local pub at the end of our trip, we were eating omelette with wild asparagus. A nice end of a nice biking day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara