02 February 2013

Something like MTB

As I woke up this morning and looked outside the window, there was this mountain. I almost took it for my beloved Table Mountain, but that mountain asks for another six weeks of patience. Today I am at Calpe. It's the third day of my two weeks training camp. 

As often when you don't plan anything, many things happen and so did this time. There was only the idea of escaping from the Belgian rain and heading for the sun. One day before me and my partner would book our tickets to Alicante we learned some of our MTB relatives would go to there too for a couple of days and they asked to join them. Real bikers who know the place like their backyard is always a pleasure to hang around with, so we didn't refuse. 
The next ten days of our stay we will drive up to Benicasim to meet the people of 'De Toerist Biking' they came up with an invitation the day after we booked. Starting our holiday with nothing planned, we ended up even before we left with a tight schedule. And all about MTB, I like! 

As we speak, I can look back on three days of pure MTB around Calpe. I left with no expectation, since I know Calpe from road biking and I never heard about Calpe as a great MTB spot. Well I can tell you, guys, I was mistaken. Thanks to Rudy, Eddy, Dirk and Guy, I now am an initiate in the MTB possibilities of Calpe. 
Having a well deserved break

I discovered only now that during my harsh winter training in Belgium, there was not one height meter on my program, not one steep little climb, not one steep little descent, let alone a long climb or a long descent. Not one rock had disturbed my rides in my sweet little flat Belgium region. I was so focused on my physical skills that I almost forgot, there still is something like MTB. Technical skills are aside from being physically in a good shape, key if you plan to enter a race like The Absa Cape Epic. 

I feel I am the right person at the right place, surrounded by the right people.
At this very moment we are watching the WC cyclocross, is there a better end of a wonderful bike day?
Here is one happy biker greeting you!
Hope to come up with some pictures soon!
Adios,
Sara 
PS: Sorry for my baby English

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoi,
Tof dat je mij iets wil vertellen!
Groetjes,
Sara